Saturday, February 14, 2009

amy / new york / french

This dinner (one year ago to this day) was my best Valentine’s Day. I traveled to and from NYC in the same day, since that year Valentine’s fell on a weekday, for a night with one of my best friends from college (from neighbor to blockmate to roommate). I remember seeing Amy sitting at the bar from the window and thinking she looked very cosmpolitan with her cocktail dress, hair swept in a ponytail and wineglass in hand. (I on the other hand was carrying a big book bag and had to change out of my jeans in the bathroom. Am also sure that that infamous knot in my hair was present). The restaurant, Nice Matin, was intended to be modeled after a place you might find in the French Riveria (haha, Nice perhaps), perfectly fitting. The food was heaven. I had sole, which is rarely anything special, but here it was so flavorful. We shared a dessert whose name and ingredients we didn’t recognize but we went for it and it was so worth the risk. Creamy and subtle and sweet and textured. This was all in the company of a girl I could talk to for hours whether it’s been forever or just a day since we’ve talked. Our conversations are always honest, which cultivates humor and emotion. Having experienced together the onset of anxiety attacks concerning Purpose, Love, Family, etc., these are topics we continue to share in comfort. We went for coffee afterwards and talked more until the last minutes I could get my train, and I traveled back feeling much love for and loved by.

1 comment:

  1. lovely :)

    thank you for the info re: labor- yes, your friend and i will have to talk one day. i hope you're well, dear. xx.

    ReplyDelete