Saturday, June 5, 2010

summer

Ran home umbrella-less in a summer thunderstorm tonight. Getting warmly soaked was lovely. I have to say that I love summer on the east coast more than on the west. I love the humidity and the fullness of tangible air. I love how the moisture builds up and comes back down in cool rain, complete with loud thunder and bright lightning. The rain comes and goes suddenly, and the day is interspersed with sun and gray, and the changes and textures make the day so real.

Spent the late afternoon at Lighthouse Point. Took photographs. Water and rocks give an incredible amount of texture. Drove with windows fully open, on highway too. With a friend whose friendship lost was a lot of pain, and whose friendship renewed is, simply put, nice.

Coming home, warm night outside with the sounds of car passing on wet pavement through open windows, listening to my favorite song (Runaway) on The National's latest album on the record player, I'm struck by how good everything feels. Summer is a strong season, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment