Saturday, July 4, 2015

july 4th recipes


One of my top ten favorite things in the world: going to the farmer's market on Saturday morning and making food for the day with freshly bought foods.

Today for our July 4th meal I made:

1) Thai quinoa salad, recipe below. Such a pretty mix of colors, and I cooked the quinoa in a mix of vegetable broth and light coconut milk and the coconut really complemented the fish sauce and lime. M absolutely loved it, fish sauce and all. http://www.onceuponachef.com/2013/05/thai-quinoa-salad.html

2) This delicious marinade for chicken and tofu skewers; the spices were amazing: http://www.feastingathome.com/grilled-jerk-chicken-and-peach-skewers/

3)And veggie sliders made from chickpeas, from a friend's facebook recipe, which I've just prepared but haven't eaten yet so unclear how my execution of the recipe will be, but looking forward to it.

I love cheap farmer's markets on crisp weekend mornings, especially REAL weekend mornings where I'm not working, just SUMMERING. Happy fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment