Tuesday, September 8, 2015

autumn


I haven't kept up my monthly post for several months, and haven't kept up with my monthly goals, but it's been worth it to have a real summer. When I came back from vacation and started my new job on September first, I couldn't remember the last time I had been happier. I am so happy to be living in San Francisco, where I have my family and close friends from every phase of my life, seeing the city and bay every day as I commute to Berkeley, doing something I love that is the culmination of so much training but where I am still learning every day, in a clinic that feels just right for me. And hugely, at the same time, see M start med school and dive into his dream and experience the beginnings of this process. It's a crazy circle of remembering the beginnings and seeing the results, and I feel such extreme gratitude for every single thing in life right now. In the midst of it I've been thinking how to weave writing back into this texture and am working on new things. For now, just so much immense feeling for my first real autumn, post a real summer, into real back-to-school into-a-new-life feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment