Tuesday, February 22, 2011

schedule

As I'm apt to do when confronted with large blocks of free time, I've developed a semi-schedule for my weekdays. It's very broad in its division of time, and loose in obligations, and makes me pretty content every day.

Morning: Run or climb. Running makes for good alone time that gives energy for the rest of the day. Climbing in the morning means quality time with my classmate/friend Caitlin, who also gives energy for the rest of the day, and it means a mostly empty gym with lots of room.

Afternoon: Write and/or research. On some days I have interviews for research. Most days I spend long afternoons at coffeeshops, sometimes with other friends doing work. I have long stretches to write; I don't spend much of the time actually writing, but it feels like a process.

Evening: Spend time with M. We divide active activities between squash and climbing. He usually makes food, and now that he's taking classes, we spend some time studying. During that time I also do stray work that I don't like to do during the day, and that I find more bearable in his company. If there's not much work to do we watch movies, and regardless of what else there is to do, we talk.

Meals are often spent with friends, and evenings mixed up with friends too, and as I've been thankful for the past several years, I continue to feel lucky for the balance and perspective they give. And I feel lucky for the balance of these times of day, and how much they give me, so that in the future I can share. In the meantime, it's nice to just absorb.

No comments:

Post a Comment