Monday, July 11, 2011

being back

I've been back in New Haven for little over a week now, and already feel full of things. This sensation is familiar, and I'm glad for familiarity of such a nice feeling. The sense that a lot has been done, a lot to be done. I'm writing a little rambly and frazzled right now, as warm-up for writing my personal statement for my application to residency. I have less than a year left at medical school, and part of that year will be invested in trying to get somewhere after that year is over.

But it's also a year to have on its own. Since being back, M has started teaching me how to swim, which has been an experience to rank among my top in life...it might seem silly that something so common becomes like that, but I think there's a lot to that, that I'm saving up somewhere to put down somewhere at some point. Continuing to p90x and to climb, and building stamina even as much of it is still hard. My right hip, which started acting up after a run a few months ago, still feels funny, makes me feel old, and presents a concrete reminder of effort and movement.

Hoping to see as much as possible this year, more road trips and more farther trips and also more local exploration, with a list of new places to run. There will also be trips to interview, and new hospitals to see, cities to see in new contexts. Through that, would like to keep the old growing and close.

No comments:

Post a Comment