Tuesday, April 21, 2015

march


March was a blurry month that I am happy to say I will never repeat. Night shifts are fun in terms of work and horrible in terms of everything else.

1. Blogging: I did manage to sneak in four entries so roughly once a week, and am really happy about this resolution since it's kept me writing more and I just want to get back in the habit of it.

2. Recipes: Somehow I was able to try several new recipes in March. The theme was sauces, and I tried scallops with a white wine sauce and then to use up the wine, a salmon with white wine butter sauce. Loved both and made the scallops a few times since then. Also tried Emeril's creamy lime avocado vinaigrette, which we used on grilled shrimp. I love grilling and would like to learn more tips for this such as more vegetarian recipes and also figuring out exactly how long to cook things...

3. Albums: March was a month of re-exploring old favorites; sometimes I get caught up in exploring new music that I fall behind on artists I love. The inspiration was finally seeing Stars in concert, and hearing their most recent album, No One is Lost. Then also listened to Death Cab's most recent, Kintsugi. I've enjoyed watching their evolution over the years and I don't think that becoming more mainstream has hurt them; they have new sounds and I try not to mind when lesser known artists become mainstream, because after all when I love some form of art I want to share it. Also listened to Thao Nguyen's We The Common which came out a couple years ago; I heard parts of it at last year's Strictly Bluegrass and was reminded of how much I loved her.

4. News: I did better than in February, but if I had any free time on nights I was usually sleeping, not reading...

5. Exercise: I'm starting to think it's too ambitious to try to do all these different exercises in a week. I can usually easily run, climb and yoga in a week but the biking and swimming are a lot harder to fit in. I'm thinking about starting daily workouts from blogalites, continuing to climb and yoga when I want to since I do those frequently out of pure desire to do it, and running a quick mile most days.

Almost already time for the April update! Life really flies fast in these segments.

No comments:

Post a Comment