Saturday, April 16, 2011

remnants

Oop, haven't been jotting down for the past couple days.

The other day, at Jojo's Coffeeshop, I recognized the yellow cup from which I'd drunk chai the day before in the hands of another man. I love chai more than any other coffeeshop drink. I don't know what he was drinking. The path from cup to mouth was obscured by an off-white beard with full, light volume. This drew attention to his strings of hair, separated into distinct threads held together by the oils and moistures of time. He drank from the cup standing, looking out the window, a window I'd moved away from because the warmth was overpowering. Then he went outside with the cup, with its patterns of different suns, printed on it two by three.

Yesterday we went to see Twelth Night, at a funny time of day, which would be four o'clock. I've seen many more plays during med school than in college, due to the proximity and affordability of the Yale Rep. This one was put on the Drama School in a venue right down our street. The most prominent thing I've noticed is that I'm not usually affected by the story/feel the same way I do with books, that what overpowers that is the stage and atmosphere. I'm always surprised by what people can create, concretely; how they use space, color, elements; by how different that all feels depending on the position of space you occupy while observing.

K, onto another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment